Being a mother is one of the most beautiful feelings. However, it does come with a con as it takes a toll on the mother's body. It becomes quite difficult to restore the pre-pregnancy body as the changes affect the laxity of skin at the abdomen, alters the firmness of the breasts, and labor changes the shape and tightness of the vagina.
Dr Shree Harsh of Pinnacle Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, Lucknow has a perfect solution to this issue: Mommy makeover.
What Is A Mommy Makeover?
A Mommy Makeover essentially covers the most affected areas of the body such as the breasts, the stomach and the vagina. Breastfeeding affects the shape of the breasts and the muscles end up sagging after this phase. After the birth of the baby, the previously enlarged abdominal muscles become loose and their shape is altered. This also creates a drooping pouch of fat and skin in the lower abdomen under the belly button. Labor generally alters the vaginal muscles which do not return to their former shape. These are the main causes of concern on which a mommy makeover focuses to achieve the pre-pregnancy look for a healthier and toned looking body.
What Is The Cost Of Mommy Makeover At Pinnacle Cosmetic Surgery Clinic?
As a mommy makeover is tailored according to the patient, the cost of a mommy makeover varies according to the situation as well as the procedures involved. Hence, there is no ballpark figure that can be provided for the same.
In case you are wondering whether or not mommy makeover is right for you, we invite you for a consultation with Dr Shree Harsh. He will discuss the treatment, its benefits, best possible results and any complications involved one-on-one with you.
What Are The Treatments Covered Under Mommy Makeover?
- Breast Lift - It helps to have higher and firmer breasts that counter the sagging after pregnancy.
- Breast Augmentation - It helps to have fuller breasts for a youthful appearance through implants
- Breast Reduction - This helps to achieve proportionate breasts and counters all the issues associated with large breats.
- Tummy Tuck - It helps to get rid of all the excess skin and fat from the abdominal region for a toned appearance.
- Liposuction - It extracts the fat from problem areas to achieve a contoured look.
- Labiaplasty - It corrects all the alterations made to the private regions during labor.
Who Is The Ideal Candidate For A Mommy Makeover?
Dr Shree Harsh has put forth some necessary conditions to identify whether you are an ideal candidate for the procedure:
- The woman must be healthy overall.
- She must be a non-smoker or ready to quit smoking.
- She must not be breast-feeding.
- Any woman who has undergone significant bodily changes due to pregnancy.
If you fit into the above criteria, you are an ideal candidate for a mommy makeover.
What To Expect Before The Process?
- Dr Shree Harsh will first discuss various procedures that are required after an analysis of the patient’s body and according to their need. Depending upon the patient's need, the process is decided upon. It is not necessary that all the above listed procedures are included in all mommy makeover surgeries.
- Pictures might be taken in order to compare the result after the makeover. Also, these pictures might be kept as a record at the clinic.
- The outcome of the process will be explained to the patient in detail.
- Some regular blood and urine tests will be advised by Dr Shree Harsh to keep a check on the vitals. This will help in a smooth process.
- Also, in case the patient is taking any medications, the doctor might ask to stop the same for a few days to avoid any complications during the process.
What To Expect During Recovery?
Dr Shree Harsh generally advises the patient to wait at the clinic after the procedure for some hours in order to keep a steady check on the vitals and the healing process.Medications will be provided in order to ease the soreness and swelling which is common after a mommy makeover. These must be taken as prescribed by the doctor.
The patient can generally resume their routine after two to three weeks of the procedure. However, as a mommy makeover is tailored according to the need of the patient, the healing time might vary from person to person.
Also, the patient is advised to avoid any vigorous exercises or heavy lifting for a few weeks after the surgery.
It is necessary to follow all of these instructions in order to have a speedy and a healthy recovery.
What Are The Risks Associated With A Mommy Makeover?
There are certain risks associated with mommy makeover. However, the chances of these risks turning into a reality are low and rarely observed in patients.
- Anaesthesia risks
- Fluid accumulation (seroma)
- Prolonged numbness or swelling
- Poor scarring
- Persistent pain
- Chances of infection
- Undesirable results
Taking complete and utmost care during and after the process is necessary to avoid any of these risks or complications.
Meet Your Surgeon
Dr. Shree Harsh is a board certified internationally trained Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon. He has been trained in the prestigious and historical department of Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery at G.M.C.Nagpur from where he completed his M.Ch. in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He cleared his D.N.B. in Plastic Surgery from the National Board of Examination, New Delhi. He has received the international scholarship of Plastic Surgery Educational Network by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons in the year 2016-2017. He was awarded the prestigious DAFPRS fellowship by the Dutch Association of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He has been trained by Dr.Patrick L Tonnard and Dr.Alexis Verpaele at the MACS lift centre- Coupure Centrum in Ghent, Belgium in both Surgical and non Surgical Aesthetic Surgery procedures during his fellowship period. He has presented several papers at national and international level conferences and is the author of a number of publications in scientific journals. He is a soft-spoken dedicated Plastic Surgeon who believes in safety first for the patients
Book Consultation with Dr Shree Harsh
It is very natural to be anxious about the outcome of your cosmetic surgery and it is best to openly discuss your concerns with Dr. Harsh. During your consultation Dr. Harsh will:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Explain the problem to you
- Ask for your photographs
Be prepared to discuss:
- Your surgical goals and expectations
- Medical conditions, drug allergies, and previous medical treatments.
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco, and drug use if any.
- Details if you have undergone any previous surgeries.
- Likely outcomes, and any risks or potential complications.