Fat rolls on the body are something that nobody likes. Vigorous exercising and a balanced diet too sometimes fail to give the perfect result as stubborn fat refuses to budge.
Dr Shree Harsh of Pinnacle Clinic, Lucknow, through Liposuction, provides us with the perfect way to rid the body of these fat rolls!
What is liposuction?
Fat deposits can be generally found at various places in the body like the face, arms, chest, abdomen, thighs, buttocks, etc. This fat accumulation affects the appearance of a person and can make them feel insecure about their physique. Liposuction is a safe and effective method that primarily eliminates the fat from all these body parts to have a toned and sculpted body.
Various liposuctions have been successfully performed under the leadership of Dr Shree Harsh at Pinnacle Clinic, Lucknow. These liposuctions have given amazing results to the patients who now flaunt a perfectly toned body.
What is the cost involved for a liposuction?
The cost of the procedure greatly varies depending upon the situation. Hence, there is no ballpark figure. Also, the cost highly depends upon the location of the clinic, the technology used and other miscellaneous expenses.
As liposuction is considered as a cosmetic surgery, no insurance covers the cost of the procedure.
In case you are wondering whether or not liposuction is right for you, we invite you for a consultation with Dr Shree Harsh. He will discuss the treatment, its benefits, best possible results and any complications involved one-on-one with you.
Who is an ideal candidate for a liposuction?
- The candidate is healthy overall.
- The candidate is a non-smoker or is ready to quit smoking for the time period required for the surgery.
- The candidate is already at or at least close enough to the desired weight goal.
- The candidate is upset or distressed over the appearance of the body.
- An important point to remember is that liposuction is not a substitute for weight loss. It must be done after losing weight through diet and exercise or after bariatric procedures like gastric bypass surgery.
What is the process involved in a liposuction?
As the name suggests, liposuction involves the ‘sucking’ of fat from the problem areas for a smoother looking appearance. Although there are various techniques used, these are some of the most common methods:
- Tumescent: In this technique, a medical fluid is inserted into the problem area. This fluid consists of an anaesthetic, a drug that constricts blood vessels and a saline solution. The former two help in numbing the area and preventing the loss of blood. The saline solution helps to remove the fat easily. This fluid is generally higher in amount than the fat present.
- Super wet: In this case, the fluid inserted in generally equal to the amount of fat to be extracted. In tumescent as well as super wet technique, a small incision is made for insertion of fluid and fat is extracted through a unique instrument called cannula which is attached to a liposuction machine.
- Ultrasound assisted liposuction (UAL): This technique makes use of ultrasound vibrations for the fats to be liquefied and then they are vacuumed. There are generally two types of UAL’s: internal (with a heated cannula) and external (with a special transmitter).
- Laser Assisted Liposuction (LAL): This particular technique makes use of lasers to convert fat into liquid which is then extracted. As this method makes use of smaller cannulas, it is used over a constricted area.
Dr Shree Harsh analyses all the aspects of the patient’s body and then after counselling and taking into consideration the patient’s needs, the necessary technique is decided upon.
What to expect before a liposuction?
- Dr Shree Harsh will first discuss the type of technique that is required after an analysis of the patient’s body and according to their need.
- Pictures might be taken in order to compare the result after the liposuction. Also, these pictures might be kept as a record at the clinic.
- The outcome of the process will be explained to the patient in detail.
- Some regular blood and urine tests will be advised by Dr Shree Harsh to keep a check on the vitals. This will ensure that there are no other persistent issues. This will help in a smooth process.
- Also, in case the patient is taking any medications, the doctor might ask to stop the same for a few days to avoid any complications during the process.
How is the process performed at Pinnacle Clinic?
- Dr Shree Harsh will first administer anaesthesia: local or general, according to the need of the technique. Also, intravenous sedation will be provided.
- Skin incisions are made wherever required and fat is suctioned out from these incisions through a vacuum pump or a large syringe.
- As the incisions are small they can be left open. In some cases, they are sealed with a stitch or a tape depending upon the requirement.
What is the recovery like after a liposuction?
- Dr Shree Harsh generally advises the patient to wait at the clinic after liposuction for some hours in order to keep a steady check on the vitals and the healing process.
- Compression garments have to be mandatorily worn in order to speed up the healing process. This also helps in retaining the shape of the body after the process.
- Medications will be provided in order to ease the soreness and swelling which is common after liposuction. These must be taken as prescribed by the doctor.
- The patient can generally resume their routine after two to three weeks of the procedure.
- It is also important to remember that although the results of liposuction are permanent, it is necessary for patients to take care of their lifestyle and exercise to maintain the outcome.
Follow ups with Dr Shree Harsh must be taken in order to keep a steady evaluation of the healing process.
What are the risks associated with liposuction?
Liposuction is a very safe process. However, risks and complications are sometimes observed in certain cases. Here are some of the rare risks associated with the process:
- Persistent swelling and soreness.
- Bleeding through the incisions
- Excessive bleeding (Hematoma)
- Reaction to anaesthesia
- Chances of infection
- Undesirable results
Taking utmost care during and post the process is necessary to avoid these risks and complications.
Common Questions About Liposuction (in Hindi)
In this video, Dr. Shree Harsh addresses the most commonly asked questions about Liposuction.
Meet Your Surgeon
Dr. Shree Harsh is a board certified internationally trained Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon. He has been trained in the prestigious and historical department of Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery at G.M.C.Nagpur from where he completed his M.Ch. in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He cleared his D.N.B. in Plastic Surgery from the National Board of Examination, New Delhi. He has received the international scholarship of Plastic Surgery Educational Network by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons in the year 2016-2017. He was awarded the prestigious DAFPRS fellowship by the Dutch Association of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He has been trained by Dr.Patrick L Tonnard and Dr.Alexis Verpaele at the MACS lift centre- Coupure Centrum in Ghent, Belgium in both Surgical and non Surgical Aesthetic Surgery procedures during his fellowship period. He has presented several papers at national and international level conferences and is the author of a number of publications in scientific journals. He is a soft-spoken dedicated Plastic Surgeon who believes in safety first for the patients
Book Consultation with Dr Shree Harsh
It is very natural to be anxious about the outcome of your cosmetic surgery and it is best to openly discuss your concerns with Dr. Harsh. During your consultation Dr. Harsh will:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Explain the problem to you
- Ask for your photographs
Be prepared to discuss:
- Your surgical goals and expectations
- Medical conditions, drug allergies, and previous medical treatments.
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco, and drug use if any.
- Details if you have undergone any previous surgeries.
- Likely outcomes, and any risks or potential complications.