What Is Breast Augmentation Surgery?
A woman’s breasts are a symbol of her femininity, beauty and grace. A woman’s self-confidence is dependent on her appearance, including the size and shape of her breasts. Psychologically speaking, women with fuller breasts a more self-assured than those with smaller breast sizes.
Breast Augmentation or Augmentation Mammoplasty is a surgical procedure performed on a patient to increase the size of her breasts. In common terms, breast augmentation is also referred to as “boob job” or Breast Enlargement surgery.
What Are The Advantages Of Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- It increases the fullness of the patient’s breasts.
- It gives the breasts a perfectly symmetrical look (in case one of the breasts is smaller or more elongated than the other).
- It is a great tool to reconstruct a cancer patient’s breasts after she has undergone a mastectomy.
- It allows the patient to retain her pre-pregnancy breasts after giving birth.
- It improves the aesthetic balance between her breasts and hips.
- It increases her self-confidence and beauty.
How Are Breasts Enlarged?
Implants made of medical-grade, bio-compatible silicon are used for augmentation. The outer shell is made of either textured or smooth silicone with saline, silicone gel or cohesive silicone gel as its content.
At Pinnacle Cosmetic Surgery, a variety of implants are available. We use silicone-based implants. The patient chooses the desired size of the implant and the position is decided according to certain parameters by Dr Shree Harsh.
Position of the implant could be
- Sub-glandular- When the implant is placed below the gland.
- Sub-pectoral - When the implant is placed below the pectoral muscle.
- Sub-fascial - When the implant is placed below the pectoral fascia.
The other technique through which Dr Shree Harsh of Lucknow enlarges breasts is Fat Grafting. Women who are not desirous of the implant may benefit from fat grafting. It is a procedure by which fat is harvested from other parts of the body where it is in excess, processed and injected back to breasts. Some part of augmentation is lost in case of fat grafting. The final result will become evident after 3-4 months of operation.
How Is The Breast Augmentation Surgery Performed?
First of all, Dr Shree Harsh and the anesthetist will administer general anesthesia on your body. This is done for your comfort and safety during the surgery.
The next step is to make an incision. The position of the incision will be discussed by the doctor with you during the consultation. The position of the incision determines the visible scarring and the pocket size of the implants.
Once the incision is made, the implants will be placed directly under the pectoral muscle or behind the breast tissue.
The incision, the type of breast implant and the position of the implant will be unique to each patient. Since every patient has different needs and expects different results from the surgery.
Once the placement is done, the surgeon will close the incision with sutures, skin adhesive and surgical tape. Over time the scarring will fade but not completely.
What To Expect During Recovery?
The recovery period after the surgery is vital. The quality of your recovery determines the results of the surgery. So please ensure that you follow the instructions given at Pinnacle Cosmetic Surgery 100% during the recovery time.
At first, the doctor will monitor your overall health parameters once you are of the operation theatre. You will be discharged only when Dr Shree Harsh deems you fit to go.
When you are leaving the clinic the doctor will give you specific instructions on how to take care of yourself for the next couple of weeks. This will include restrictions on physical activities and taking rest. You will have to wear support garments and elastic bands during the recovery time. The doctor might also give you a breast enlargement cream to apply. You will be given medication for pain management and improving your vitals to maintain your health during this time.
You will experience soreness and swelling for a couple of weeks, but that is absolutely normal. You can generally resume your routine physical activities after 4-6 weeks.
What Are The Risks Associated With Breast Augmentation Surgery?
As with every surgical procedure, there are certain risks associated with breast augmentation too. Please note that the risks are low and rarely observed in patients.
- Anaesthesia risks
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation
- Poor scarring
- Wrong or faulty position of the implant
- Implant leakage or rupture
- The formation of tight scar tissue around the implant (capsular contracture)
- Fluid accumulation (seroma)
- Wrinkling of the skin over the implant
- Persistent pain
- Possibility of revision surgery due to unimpressive results.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate For Breast Augmentation Surgery?
At Pinnacle Cosmetic Surgery we have the below-listed criteria to define an ideal candidate for a breast augmentation surgery:
- You are a healthy woman.
- You are a non-smoker.
- You are not pregnant or currently breastfeeding.
- Your breasts have fully developed.
- You are not happy with the appearance or size or shape of your breasts.
What Is The Cost Of Breast Augmentation Surgery At Pinnacle Cosmetic Surgery?
The silicone implant-based surgery costs INR 55,000 plus the cost of the implants. While the fat grafting based surgery costs INR 1,00,000. Please note that this is an approximate amount, the cost of your surgery may be higher or lower depending on your unique case.
In case you are wondering whether or not Breast Augmentation is right for you, we invite you for a consultation with Dr Shree Harsh. He will discuss the treatment, its benefits, best possible results and any complications involved one-on-one with you.
Meet Your Surgeon
Dr. Shree Harsh is a board certified internationally trained Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon. He has been trained in the prestigious and historical department of Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery at G.M.C.Nagpur from where he completed his M.Ch. in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He cleared his D.N.B. in Plastic Surgery from the National Board of Examination, New Delhi. He has received the international scholarship of Plastic Surgery Educational Network by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons in the year 2016-2017. He was awarded the prestigious DAFPRS fellowship by the Dutch Association of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He has been trained by Dr.Patrick L Tonnard and Dr.Alexis Verpaele at the MACS lift centre- Coupure Centrum in Ghent, Belgium in both Surgical and non Surgical Aesthetic Surgery procedures during his fellowship period. He has presented several papers at national and international level conferences and is the author of a number of publications in scientific journals. He is a soft-spoken dedicated Plastic Surgeon who believes in safety first for the patients
Book Consultation with Dr Shree Harsh
It is very natural to be anxious about the outcome of your cosmetic surgery and it is best to openly discuss your concerns with Dr. Harsh. During your consultation Dr. Harsh will:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Explain the problem to you
- Ask for your photographs
Be prepared to discuss:
- Your surgical goals and expectations
- Medical conditions, drug allergies, and previous medical treatments.
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco, and drug use if any.
- Details if you have undergone any previous surgeries.
- Likely outcomes, and any risks or potential complications.