Have you noticed your hairline thinning recently? Or are there bald patches on your head where there were once luscious locks? Hair loss is the most wide spread concern predominantly in men, but also in women.
What are the causes of hair loss?
Normal hair fall is between 50-100 per day. Balding in most cases is a sign of aging. It can be during to several causes like injuries, high fever, poor nutrition, problems in thyroid, pregnancy, debilitating illness, cancer chemotherapy, anxiety, and poor hygiene. Male pattern hair loss or Androgenic alopecia is one of the most common types of hair loss. This is something you cannot do much to restore. Hair can be restored by hair transplant.
Advantages of Hair transplant
- Gain in confidence
- Better hair stylings
- Better look
- Avoids using hair wigs
- Medication is advised for pain relief
- Some swelling over the face is expected in post operative period
- You are expected to follow as advised
- Hygiene and after care will be explained at the time of discharge
Methods of Hair Transplant
It is the procedure by which hair follicles are harvested from a larger done area as compared to FUT method.
- Doner areas like beard can be used
- Numbness of the donor area reduced
- Can be combined with FUT to increase the hair density
Follicular unit transplant or strip method is the technique in which a strip of scalp hair is taken out from the posterior and sides of the scalp. The harvested strip is then sliced into small pieces under the microscope. From this small piece, hair follicles are harvested and later transplanted back to the desired recipient areas. The procedure is done under local anesthesia. The patient goes home the same day.
- More amount of follicles can be harvested
- Single suture line
Meet Your Surgeon
Dr. Shree Harsh is a board certified internationally trained Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon. He has been trained in the prestigious and historical department of Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery at G.M.C.Nagpur from where he completed his M.Ch. in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He cleared his D.N.B. in Plastic Surgery from the National Board of Examination, New Delhi. He has received the international scholarship of Plastic Surgery Educational Network by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons in the year 2016-2017. He was awarded the prestigious DAFPRS fellowship by the Dutch Association of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He has been trained by Dr.Patrick L Tonnard and Dr.Alexis Verpaele at the MACS lift centre- Coupure Centrum in Ghent, Belgium in both Surgical and non Surgical Aesthetic Surgery procedures during his fellowship period. He has presented several papers at national and international level conferences and is the author of a number of publications in scientific journals. He is a soft-spoken dedicated Plastic Surgeon who believes in safety first for the patients
Book Consultation with Dr Shree Harsh
It is very natural to be anxious about the outcome of your cosmetic surgery and it is best to openly discuss your concerns with Dr. Harsh. During your consultation Dr. Harsh will:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Explain the problem to you
- Ask for your photographs
Be prepared to discuss:
- Your surgical goals and expectations
- Medical conditions, drug allergies, and previous medical treatments.
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco, and drug use if any.
- Details if you have undergone any previous surgeries.
- Likely outcomes, and any risks or potential complications.
Our Latest Articles
- September 5, 2022
- February 7, 2020
- January 13, 2020